In the beginning of next year the whole world will be watching the Winter Olympics. And that means it's time to talk about an upcoming event below battery could now decide on their favorites.
Where and when?
To see race in the framework of the XXIII Olympic Winter games, you must go to Pyeongchang, located in South Korea. This city will welcome athletes from around the world. The opening ceremony of the Olympics will be held the ninth of February 2018. The competition will last from the eighth to the twenty-fifth of February. Twenty-fifth will be played and the last sets of medals.
Before the Olympic Games 2018 left
Traditionally at the Olympic Winter games will feature athletes from all over the world. For the first time participate in the competition will be citizens of Eritrea and Kosovo. Overall, the event will bring together athletes from eighty-four countries.
News around Olympic Winter Olympic Games 2018
Rules and regulations
The cardinal rules of the games in Pyeongchang will not differ from the rules of previous contests, which were held in 2014 in Sochi. But compared to the last tournament, The Olympics in 2018 will appear six new disciplines:
- snowboard replenished by drawing sets of awards among men and women in big-air;
- speed skating complement mass starts for men and women;
- Curling is waiting for double mixed;
- ski sport Supplement team competitions.
All in all, the Olympic games will include fifteen sports disciplines, which will be played ninety eight sets of medals. Spectators and fans from all over the world are waiting for the competition:
- biathlon eleven sets of medals;
- bobsleigh – three sets of awards;
- skeleton – two sets of awards;
- Curling – three sets of awards;
- speed skating – fourteen sets of medals;
- figure skating – five sets of medals;
- short track – eight sets of awards;
- Alpine skiing – eleven sets of medals;
- biathlon – three sets of awards;
- ski racing – twelve sets of medals;
- ski jumping – four sets of medals;
- freestyle – ten sets of medals;
- snowboarding – ten sets of medals;
- Luge – four sets of medals;
- ice hockey – two sets of awards.
Also note that points earned at the Olympics, the athletes will go in individual and overall standings of the world Cup.
Favorites and underdogs
Talking about the strongest athletes in the individual competition does not make much sense – it would require a separate article, and Champions are familiar to all lovers of individual sports disciplines. But in the overall standings is traditionally the strongest in the Olympics 2018 may be representatives from Russia, Norway or Canada. It is these countries and in the same order won the largest number of medals in Sochi.
To compete with the leaders of delegations from USA, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland. As well as gold in some sportand the representatives of France, Belarus and Austria, but it is unlikely they will be included in the top five by total number of medals won.